Need migrate data from salesforce to zoho CRM? You have come to the right place. In this simple post we will show you the most important steps and details to carry out a successful data migration.
Before any data migration, it is important to have a good understanding of how accommodate the files and compress them. Therefore, the start of any migration is all about loading content and attachments correctly.
- We start by placing the content to be migrated in the zip file. Each of the files must be in CSV format and integrated into a folder called “attachments”.
- Inside that folder will be all the source files, as well as any attachments that are registered in Salesforce. Should be list each CSV file for the record of assignments with respect to the attachments and will be used to hold the entire association of records related to the attachments.
- All of this must be in the format described above and backed up on the local drive to avoid inconvenience. It is important to extract the files in order to check match format and recompress them for proper importation.
In many cases, additional folders can be created when the zip file compression is being created. Files may be created that will cause a failure, but you will need to delete them or place them in the additional folders in the Salesforce data backup where they will not create any failures during the migration.
With all this in hand, we now go on to describe which are the compatible modules for the migrate data from salesforce to zoho and then you will have the steps to start the process.
Zoho Compatible Modules CRM from the Salesforce account
- Users, leads, accounts and contacts.
- Deals, campaigns, competition and attachments.
- Activities or events, cases and solutions.
- Invoices and sales orders.
- Quotations and purchase orders.
- Books of prices, suppliers and products.
Steps to migrate data from Salesforce to Zoho
- Must sign in to zoho CRM, remembering that this account must have administrator privileges for management.
- Then go to Settings >> Data Management >> Import.
- Once you are on the data migration page you must select “Salesforce”.
- A pop-up window will open where you will locate the files and you will fully charge them.
- If you want, you can upload multiple files or a specific zip file to start a module or data migration.
- Click “next” and Zoho CRM it will automatically start reading the previously loaded files and assigning them to the modules with their correct data and fields.
As you can see, migrate data from salesforce to zoho it is quite simple.
Data migration in modules and files
On the other hand, we have data migration in modules and files. This can be done to view the unassigned and assigned modules in a separated way. You start by clicking the module file that was assigned and then clicking the discard link to start the migration again.
When a module is clicked to view the assigned file, the files are selected or assigned at the same time. Then click on Next and the modules will appear as they have been assigned to each field. It is important to place the field assignment in the mandatory places, and the names of each field must be in the CSV file to give greater availability, where the list of each of them will be displayed.
At this point, click on “Create fields” and the new ones are added or the data can be inserted during the migration. Remember that the number of fields to create will depend on the Zoho edition CRM being used.
Steps for Create Popup
- It starts modifying the field label if necessary.
- Then all the fields from the import file that are not mapped in the migration will not be available in Zoho. CRM and they will be displayed with their column numbers and the import file.
- Select the field in the dropdown list as the automatic enumeration next to the formula will not be available so you will not be able to create fields during the migration.
- Pleasure click on create, and the field with the column from the import file will be assigned.
- Then click on "close" to continue the migration process and finally click on "save" and "next".
- You can review the activity or check it on the review page. You will be able to make sure of the previous status of the migration in each module.
- Finally, click on start migration and you will get the results.
Important data migration details
During the migration some events can occur that can confuse you if you are not prepared to fix it. First of all, the migration only will stop if there are mores of 5 thousand records of momitted modules. In this case, the action must be discarded or continue but with registration fees.
To undo a data migration, you must access the import history. And finally, all the data must be verified very precisely. To do this, it is necessary to properly check each of the files before starting the process.
You can verify by going to Settings >> Users and Permissions >> Users; where the verification of the imported data will be found. Follow each of the steps explained above to migrate the following modules such as accounts, potential customers, contacts, among others.
Other secure and automated migration services
We already described how migrate data from salesforce to zoho manually or custom. However, there are other automated options where a robust migration wizard is used to perform it without any risk and with the best technological skills.
To do this you must access a automated migration service where the mapping of the fields and everything about the import of data to the account will be configured. Many of these migration systems are free and have a excellent service in actionIt is a very convenient option for avoid migration errors.
Now you know the steps to follow to migrate data from salesforce to zoho, What do you think?